Saturday, February 9, 2013

Amir Johnson scored 4 points in 7 seconds to force overtime against the Pacers.

Remember the play I was talking about earlier in The Round Up? Here it is. I decided to dedicate a whole post to this, because it was insane and totally deserving of one.


The Toronto Raptors weren't suppose to win this game. If history is correct, they should never win a close game. But Amir Johnson has no time for history lessons, he defies the basketball gods and make plays happen. Down 4 points to the Pacers at home with 8 seconds left to play, Amir Johnson swoops in pull off his best Reggie Miller impression. He tips in a missed shot by a teammate to cut the lead down to two. With only 6 seconds left on the clock, the Raptors catch a lucky break when Rudy Gay intercepts David West's ill advised outlet pass to Lance Stephenson. Given a last shot to tie the game before heading home with another loss, Amir Johnson shoots prayer that would miss badly, but would land right back into his hands where he ties the game on a put-back. The Raptors would leave this game with the victory in overtime, thanks to Rudy Gay's game winning step back jumper. What a wild game.

1 comment:

  1. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I should
    check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page for a second time.

    Here is my blog - Www.goldknighttech.Com

    ReplyDelete