Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Deron Williams can't dunk anymore.


Deron Williams has been a shell of his All-Star self after signing a 5 year, $100 million contract with the Brooklyn Nets on an iPad. In this season, he is only averaging 17 points and 7 assists per game, the lowest since this sophomore year, if you count out the 12 games he played in the 2010-11 season. Injuries have definitely taken toll on the point guard, and it has completely taken away his ability to jump.

From New York Post:
Deron Williams admits his ankle injuries have hindered him and hurt him to the point he can’t even dunk. And after undergoing Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment and sitting out last week, the Nets’ star guard acknowledges he needs more time to fully recover... 
“Yeah, it’s definitely affected me a lot. I can’t jump. I haven’t dunked. I can’t dunk. Even if I tried off one leg, I can’t dunk. So it’s definitely affected me. 
His only dunk attempt of the season was annihilated by Blake Griffin, where he just so happened to also sprain his wrist after plummeting into the ground.


Maybe he should just take this as a sign to not dunk anymore, I mean if Dunk God, Blake Griffin blocks your only dunk of the season, you probably shouldn't try again. Not a great idea to deal with the Wrath of the Dunk God on injured ankles.

It is just best to look back on the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment