Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jeff Teague wants to be the best rapper on the Atlanta Hawks.

It seems like every NBA player wants to be a rapper these days. There are definitely a few standouts in the music making, namely Stephen Jackson and Iman Shumpert, but aside from those two, no one really had a successful rap career. But that doesn't stop little Jeff Teague from dreaming.

From Tom Lorenzo of SB Nation:
"If I didn't play basketball and love it like I do I would be a battle rapper," Atlanta Hawks point guard Jeff Teague tweeted out just days before the start of the 2012-13 NBA season.
"So, you want to do rap battles," I started, as Teague began to laugh. "Are you the team's best rapper?" I asked.
And before he could even answer, from three lockers away, Ivan Johnson chimed in with a declarative, "Oh, hell no!"
Teague smiled, adding, "Lou Will does videos and stuff. I don't know if I can compete with that.
Johnson made sure to reinforce his point that no, indeed, Teague isn't the team's best rapper, with yet another "hell no" still from three lockers away. And when I asked Johnson if he wanted to take claim to the rap battle title, Johnson laughed and said, "No, I'm more of an R&B dude."
"He listens to Sade," Teague said,..
You are looking at a man that self proclaimed to be a R&B dude and loves Sade. Something that I would never imagine, but hey, if he says so, you have to believe him. Other wise to will be the seeing the bad side of Ivan Johnson that no one dares to confront.

As for Lou Williams, I checked out a few of his songs, it is actually not bad. He does in fact have music videos, if you call him rapping in a black drop, half naked, a video. You will find Lou rapping about the common themes, culturalized by modern hip-hop. So if you are into NBA players talking about money and getting women, you can give him a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment