Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Get to know Brooklyn Net's owner, Mikhail Prokhorov.

From GQ
On the surface, Mikhail Prokhorov is a Russian billionaire that happens to own a basketball team and has connections to the gangsters in his home-country, no biggie. Just by that short bio, many would be scared out of their mind to even approach him in the wrong way, but to my surprise he is actually pretty cool, at least from this recent interview with the New York Post.

The following are excerpts from the original article:
Even on vacation, it’s very intense. I do sports of different kinds for up to eight hours a day. My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
That's tough, but I am up for it, take me to one of your French $30 million vacation that you have reportedly taken your posse to.
I’m much more like my mother. She was cool as a cucumber, as you say in English. In Russian, we say calm as a boa constrictor!
Way to put a new twist to the in Soviet Russia jokes.
I have said that if the Nets don’t win the NBA championship within five years, I will punish myself by getting married. We are in year three. So no one is more interested in winning a championship than yours truly.
Poor you, having to date and marry models.
Q: Which actor would you want to play you in the movie about your life and why?
A: Chris Rock or Danny DeVito. For obvious physical resemblance.
Oh man, this billionaire got jokes.
Q: People you haven’t met and would like to meet?
A: This person called Honey Boo Boo is at the top of my list at the moment.
Of his hit list! As bad as honey boo boo is, she is still just a little girl, stop your gangster bros before this gets out of hand.
Benjamin Franklin because I feel I know him already. During the wild 90’s, when there was no real banking system, Russia had more $100 bills in circulation than any country in the world!
The most billionaire thing to be said by a billionaire.
Q: Favorite sports movie?
A: All the “Rocky” movies, except the one where he beats up on the Russian, of course.
This man exuberates Russian pride like no other.

There we have it, the most interesting NBA Owner in the world.

Sources: NY Post, GQ (Picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment